Friday, May 8, 2009

BIG RALLYE - Recreational Motorsports

Looking back, I have done numerous Driveaways and Advanced Driving Courses for various organizations and groups. I am glad that, over the years, many participants of such events have become close friends of mine. We often exchange e-mails and greetings from time to time. Some have even repeatedly encouraged me to do these car-related events on a regular basis. Since 2005, I have given much thought to the matter. And, last year, I have successfully registered the “BIG RALLYE” brand name for this purpose.

Folks, I hereby declare that I shall now hit the “GO” button!

The first event that I have lined up is a Driveaway to West Malaysia .
It shall be a 4D/3N drive along the scenic East Coast right up to Kuala Trengganu, transversing to Cameron Highlands before heading home. As it has always been, I shall strive to provide all elements of a memorable Driveaway i.e. placing priority on driving safety, clear communication, endless laughter, good food, decent accommodation and value for money. This time round, for various reasons, I chose to avoid the school holiday crowd. It shall be a small group, entry limiting only to friends and family members. The dates are set from 5th till 8th July, and the fee should be approximately $380 / person.

Price includes:
- guided convoying with ‘live’ informative commentary;
- best possible accommodation at respective locations;
- main meals (exclude ‘makans’ at rest stops or pasar malam);
- walkie talkie (optional upgrade to professional set available); and
- misc expenses such as admission fee, tips etc.

More details are being worked out at the moment.

Cathryn Chong and Angelina (Asean Family Rally, Car # 7 and Car # 9 respectively) are helping me to gather information and pre-event preparation.

To register your interest, kindly write to cathrynchong@hotmail.com
Thereafter, Cathryn will be in contact with you.
You shall then receive the update and related information from her.


I look forward to your participation, support and, most importantly, having a fun drive with you and your family.

Roger Out.