Saturday, April 11, 2009

Order Within Disorder

On Thursday, workers started hacking and removed the existing floor tiles in my premises along Sims Ave.

This afternoon, the concrete mixer truck unloaded these pre-mixed at the back of my house.


Renovation work at my shophouse has finally begun. This is the beginning phase to construct a kitchen, store and laundry area. The newly laid concrete seen here is to level the unevenness of the existing floor.


Earlier this week, my family and I were busy packing and clearing all the things in the affected areas. As a result, the dining area is rather untidy at the moment.


The front entrance is partially narrowed by these boxes,…


...while the bicycles are now parked in the showroom.


The newly created corner for the admin/account department looks almost operational.


Here's my soon to be ready office. This room was previously occupied by the admin/account department. Prior to the move, I used to do my paperwork from the dining area.


It is rather trying to work within such an environment. In addition, one has to put up with the dust and noise. Thus, maintaining ‘order within disorder’ is the order of the day. For this project, I have placed my trust on Esmond from Fusion Concept Ide+A Pte Ltd. And I look forward to post the pretty pictures upon completion of the renovation work.